"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Saturday, February 28, 2015

Who Says

Who says "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"? I am getting close to the "old" mark, but I just proved I am teachable.

I tried a canned soup that makes me a believer of canned soup again. I have been making my own soups from scratch for years, and I really like my home cooked soups, mostly because I know for sure nothing goes into them that I am allergic to. But I will make sure I have a cupboard full of Wolfgang Puck organic soups from now on, at least the ones that are gluten free.  Some of the organic soups are not gluten free like the chicken noodle soup, the noodles are not gluten free. 

The five Wolfgang Puck brand gluten free soups I have found so far are:
Free Range Chicken With Wild Rice
Signature Tortilla
Tomato Basil Bisque
Hearty Lentil Vegetable
Black Bean

The first soup of his brand I tried was Free Range Chicken with White and Wild Rice. It is very good. Best of all, it is gluten free. Even the soups that are on the market that are gluten free now have not been very good. But his soups are awesome. So glad I discovered them. No adding water to dilute flavor; heat and eat. 

Just thought I would share this info with my buddies. I will sometimes add some onion or some of my fresh herbs, but I would be happy to invite my gal pals over to share some soup with me and see if they can tell it is from a can! As an added note, not all his soups that are organic are certified gluten free, so those of us who have to eat gluten free, continue to read the labels carefully. 

Busy days, winter or summer, you will be glad you have this soup ready to heat. I used some gluten free Crunchmaster crackers with mine. You could have Doritos or crackers and cheese or even open face cheese on bagels with yours. 

No, this is not a commercial. Ha.

You're welcome. 

9 comments:

Ms. A said...

It's always nice to find something convenient... that actually tastes good!

Brian Miller said...

nice...i def like soup on col days...or chili...and if i go canned, i usually tend to dress it up...adding sauteed onion or such....

DJan said...

I will look for this brand, CiCi. Thanks! :-)

Adam said...

I don't think I've eaten anything out of a can in a long time

Hilary said...

Good to know. But I find that most prepared foods are way too salty. How do these fare out that way?

Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo said...

Yummy - ever so delicious!

Eddie Bluelights said...

'Souper' . . .
How are you CiCi?
Stopped by to sat hello and wishing you the best . . . Eddie :)

Abby said...

Glad you found some good stuff. I think canned soups have improved nicely over the last few years.

Cheryl said...

Yum! Will look for this brand of soup. Nothing like a bowl of soup on a cold winter's day.