"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Great Movie

Do you watch foreign films? Some people can't get past the subtitles. I have no problem with them.

I recently watched a movie on Nitflix that has now been added to my list of all time favorite films. It is a Swedish film, with some English speaking and singing. It is emotional, real, down to earth, with great acting. 

The name of the movie is As It Is In Heaven. 

Let me know if you have already seen it. I am not going to attempt to tell the story, which is more complicated than the description on Netflix. 

13 comments:

Ms. A said...

It's been a while since I've watched anything with subtitles. My eyes can't take it since we lost our 60" TV and I'm too cheap to get another one, as long as the old console is still working.

Brian Miller said...

wow that is high praise....will have to check this out....subtitles dont bother me...

Adam said...

I don't mind foreign films

DJan said...

I will check this one out, CiCi. It looks intriguing. :-)

Abby said...

I'll have to check this one out. I love foreign films! (tired of Hollywood)

Shammickite said...

I'm a volunteer at our local art film movie house.... they show just 2 films per month. I take tickets and make the popcorn etc. And I see the films free! I've seen some great ones, mostly with subtitles. I'll watch out for this one.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Will have to check that movie out.

A very Happy New Year to you, CiCi.

x

terri said...

Haven't heard of it or seen it. But I've got a Netflix account, so I'll put it on my list of must-sees. Thanks for the tip!

stephen Hayes said...

Not familiar with this one, but I do enjoy non-Hollywood type films.

Stickup Artist said...

I'm going to put this movie in my queue as soon as I leave here. I watch subtitles all the time. I kind of moan about it, but once I get going, I forget I'm reading them! Thanks for the recommendation.

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh I will have to check it out. Happy New Year!

Rock Chef said...

The Swedes do some great stuff - they are very good at "grim". I haven't seen this but will look out for it!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Love foreign films if they are not the violent kind. Thanks for this suggestion.