"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Monday, April 8, 2013

Blank Canvas

Each time I moved it felt like a blank canvas. Starting over in each town and five different states didn't give me time to make close friends. It is not easy making lasting friendships when I meet them and move on to another place.

When I moved to this small town two and a half years ago, I had no idea what was in store for me.   When it became clear that I would be living alone and going through a divorce, I took my time getting close to the women I met at the senior center and various activities I attended.

I make mistakes, say stupid things occasionally, am a dumb blond at times, but the friends I have brought to the inner circle support me and accept me.  We laugh and are interested in many things, go on adventures, and have each others' backs.

The canvas is becoming a beautiful piece of life art. Wowza.

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles. i am happy for you cici...and dont discount your efforts in making that work of art...these relationships dont just happen....

Rock Chef said...

You do seem to have found a good place to settle - a good bunch of friends is hard to beat.

Cindy said...

Hi CiCi, you really sound great. I am so happy that you have found such a friendship with the ladies. You are a wonderful person and I know your friends value you as much as you value them.....it is wonderful when you find a safe place to fall. hugs.

DJan said...

Being the thoughtful, heartfelt person you are, CiCi, it seems that it's inevitable anywhere you move that you will create a good environment for yourself. I am so glad for you to be in MY life, too! :-)

Jeanie said...

I am so glad you have let yourself have these friends who make your new town a real home for you.

Abby said...

I didn't know you before your current place, but it always feels happy and friend filled when I visit here. Happy canvas!

Terri said...

You always impress me with the way you find all of the good things in your life. I think as adults, it becomes so easy to get settled where we are and adapting to change because more challenging. But you seem to be embracing it and you have been rewarded with the gift of true friends.

Unknown said...

.... A friend, no matter real close or casual is a good thing indeed.

I recently lost a good friend of 6 years.... No he wasn't dead, we just split apart because of our political views. And i just cannot stand him being the way he was, no matter how i told him to change.

You make friends easily. I envy you.

Claudya Martinez said...

You have made good friends because you deserve them. I find you quite interesting.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'm happy for you CiCi. You've gone through so many changes since you moved to this town and I am thrilled for you to have found what sounds like "home" to you. You seem settled and happy :-)

xo jj