"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Friday, December 21, 2012

New Eyes

Whew. Both eye surgeries went well and the implants are like having new eyes. The right eye lens is for distance and the left lens is for close. That is the correction my eyes adjusted to many years ago, so even without contacts my eyes would do the blended vision.  The left lens has been in place since December 5th and it feels normal. The right lens was put in place Dec 19th just in time to see all the lovely snow.  White is SO BRIGHT now.

Six months ago I changed the light bulbs in the bathroom to 100 watt bulbs and still had some difficulty seeing well in there. Now I need to remove the 100 watt bulbs and replace with 75 or even less.  It is way too bright in there.

My friend Vicki drove me to both eye surgeries, waited for me and brought me home, and to the post op check ups at the doctor's office.  She volunteered to do that.  I have been around her a lot this past year and after the second eye surgery I looked at her and said "Wow, did someone paint your eyes?"  Her eyes are so blue but I did not know that.  It makes me wonder how long I have been seeing things in grey.

The swelling is down and the healing is amazingly fast. Never once did it hurt. Never did I feel uncomfortable.  The jigsaw puzzles are lined up and my crocheting has begun again.

14 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm glad it all went well. Enjoy your new world of color and brightness.

Brian Miller said...

woot...so what was the first thing you noticed when you had your sight back? smiles....i am glad it went well...and in time for the holiday as well...

Rock Chef said...

Excelent news! Enjoy the puzzles and crochet - I haven't done either for a long time!

stinkypaw said...

Good for you, enjoy & Merry Christmas!

Ms. A said...

Great to hear it!!! Hubby loves not having to wear glasses anymore. The only part that was difficult, was remembering to use all the scheduled drops right after he had them done.

Yay for eyesight!

Abby said...

Yay, great news all around!

stephen Hayes said...

I couldn't be happier for you. Now you can get back to the things you love.

Hilary said...

So wonderful to hear this, CiCi. What a great Christmas gift for you.

Stickup Artist said...

You may have gotten the gift of sight, but you always had the gift of vision...

Sending warm thoughts and all the best to you and yours for a Very Merry Christmas!

DJan said...

Oh, how wonderful! And I guess I'll go ahead and get this one cataract taken care of. Everyone I know has such an easy time with the surgery these days. I am so happy for you! :-)

terri said...

So glad to hear the surgeries were such a success! It must be wonderful to see clearly again.

Mrs4444 said...

I'm so happy for you, CiCi! Just in time for Christmas. Have a bright, beautiful holiday :)

Shammickite said...

Wonderful news! Seeing is so important!
I've been a very naughty blogger just recently, what with my internet going horribly wrong and then as soon as it was fixed, the Christmas Variety Show kept me busy and now all the Christmas prep.... however I promise to be better in the future. So Have a Happy Christmas and all the best for 2013!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi CiCi, YEAH! Both eyes done in time to see a beautiful Christmas and your friend's blue eyes. That's pretty awesome. I'm glad it all went easily for you.

Sending big Christmas hugs your way and hoping you're enjoying the holidays.

xoxo jj