"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Monday, December 3, 2012

Trouble Seeing

Vision with cataracts

Vision after cataract surgery
The time is near for my cataract surgeries. Dec 5 is the left eye; Dec 19 the right eye. It is difficult to see  well. I have stopped doing the jigsaw puzzles for now. Stopped writing posts or reading blogs. I have trouble reading labels when I buy food. I haven't started writing out Christmas cards yet.  It has come down to the need to just take it easy for now, not reading books or magazines, just listening to music or watching documentaries on Netflix. Monday morning (today)  I go to the eye doctor office for final measurements of the lenses that will be in my eyes after the surgery. Since I have had mono vision most of my life, the left lens will be for up close and the right for distance. My dear friends are having fun fighting over who "gets" to drive me to the surgery center and then the next day to the doctor office. I am so ready to have these surgeries and to see again.  Thank goodness the numbers on the bingo sheets are large size!


14 comments:

Ms. A said...

I hope you enjoy the after effects as much as hubby has! He had worn uncomfortable glasses for years and years and no longer has to.

Good luck!

Brian Miller said...

will keep you in my thoughts and prayers in the next couple weeks as you go through surgery...

Jeanie said...

Those I know who have had cataract surgery have been very happy with it. I will be hoping yours goes very well.

DJan said...

I have a cataract in my left eye but not the right. I will be thinking of you and watching your progress, imagining my own surgery. My husband has been thrilled with his new eyes for a decade now! :-)

Adam said...

I can't imagine seeing like that

Bill Lisleman said...

something I certainly don't look forward to. Wishing you the best recovery.

Abby said...

Good luck with your surgeries! My dad is very happy with his eyes since having his cataracts removed.

Hilary said...

I know of a few people who were thrilled after cataract surgery. I'm sure you will be too.

stephen Hayes said...

I know several people who've had this surgery and I hope you are as thrilled with the results as they were.

Rock Chef said...

I have also heard great things about this - wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to seeing more posts from you when it is all over.

terri said...

I hope that all goes well for you and your vision is clear again SOON!

Suldog said...

Did the surgery go as expected?

Pauline said...

Cici, I hope your surgery went well. Won't be long until the second eye is done and you will be 'like a new one." - silly expression but one I like! :)

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

May all turn out well. !3 years ago I had it done and for some time I had awesome vision but now I've got macula degeneration and the left eye that once had retinal detach is just pinhole sight. I struggle very much to blog now. I fear I will soon be down to once in a month if that.